Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Time passes

Its been a little over a week since my mom passed away. As sad as I was by her passing, the week did have joyful moments. I was able to spend time with my family. My sister who I don't see often enough spent a week over and we reflected how many families only seem to come together in death(the passing of a loved one) and we promised to transform that about our family. My brother and I were able to bond, and I sadly recognized that it took my mom passing away to cause that. We reminisced about our mom, told war stories, and had heart to heart talks with the upcoming younger generation( the house was invaded by young folk).

I realized that as the eldest son, I am now the leader of our family cell. It felt odd at times and then perfectly natural at others. I still have moments when I say to myself, " I have to tell mom that." Then it comes rushing back that I won't be hearing her anymore. Those are sad moments. Each day I make a little more peace with her physical absence, knowing that she has left an incredible legacy in each of her children. She may gone, but she will never be forgotten.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments:

Post a Comment