Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Honoring Parents

My son Rey has opted to stay home for the last two days instead of going to camp. We had a serious ( at least he looked serious) discussion about why he wanted to stay. Yesterday it was because he wanted to spend time with Papa(his grandfather). He felt he didn't spend enough time with him(his words not mine)since they are only visiting for a short time. Today there was an urgent need to break in the new chess set, with Papa also said in a very thoughtful tone.
There is a special bond that is created with grandparents. I myself don't recall my grandparents sadly. He is fortunate in that he has his mama and papa.
I think when we have our own children, on a deep level we honor our parents when we foment this bond. There is a special joy in seeing them interact.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments:

Post a Comment