Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Zoya's lesson for today

Today I had Zoya with me for the afternoon. I had miscalculated how much milk my voracious 4 month old would require and so about 3 hours in I found myself with a very hungry and very loud little girl. The lesson: it doesn't matter if I didn't get the amount of food right, what mattered was meeting her need, in the moment. After she was reunited with her mom ( the source of food, since she is breast feeding) everything was right with the world. She became tranquil, fed a bit and just mellowed out. My being upset wouldn't have changed anything, except perhaps causing me to lose the moment and the lesson. There are times when its the right thing to get upset, this wasn't one of them.
Lesson learned.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments:

Post a Comment